[AusNOG] NBNco: "Let's start competing with our customers!"

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sun Sep 20 13:12:18 EST 2015

On 17/09/2015 13:07, Mark Smith wrote:

> As a smaller RSP, If your only competitive advantage is your lower
> price, then you're vulnerable to your competitors lowering their
> prices. That is an easy and low effort decision by your competitors,

No arguments there, the smaller guys usually do better with inclusions
and services, and usually the ability to talk to a human pretty quickly,
and a friendly human at that, not someone who turns up 9-5 and sends an
email/ticket reference escalating an issue that might get looked at by
next day, usually they can fix it, or pop you on hold there and then and
get someone else to fix it, not wait 2 days.

Don't forget, even the bigger boys started out small at one time, most
of them got to be where they are now, not through, all their own hard
work, but by acquisitions, even Optus started small talking over mpx,
cant recall if they bought anyone before that, too long ago.