[AusNOG] Amazon Direct Connect in Global Switch sucking

Geordie Guy elomis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 08:58:32 EST 2015

Hi folks,

We've had direct connect for a while through AWS and Global Switch (we're a
PIPE (so TPG)) customer and got it organised through them.

Does anyone have one of these and similarly struggle to get any donk out of
it?  We see 2-3% output drops and average bandwidth of 400Mbps on an
alleged 1Gbps link.  We've moved it to another terminating device, replaced
SFP, conducted shine tests both directions (-6dB roughly, hunky dory) and
the thing just won't GO.

Starting to get intensely frustrated.  Any replies appreciated.