[AusNOG] Keyboards...

Ruben Schade newsgroups at rubenschade.com
Fri Sep 4 13:20:06 EST 2015

Putting in a good word for split keyboards.

I’ve used an IBM Model M clone (Unicomp), a Cherry MX Brown and a MX
Blue. All feel fantastic, and prevent you bottoming out with each
keypress which reduces finger fatigue.

As I approach my 30s though (gulp), I’d started feeling pain in my
wrists. I swapped out for a new Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic, and haven't
looked back:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sculpt-ergonomic-desktop

As that character retorted to Ray in Blues Brothers, there’s less action
in this keyboard compared to the aforementioned ones.

That said, the keys are still a *vast* improvement from the plastic mush
of their previous split keyboards. They feel like laptop scissor keys,
but with more depth and stability.

Cheers,

--
Ruben Schade in s/Singapore/Sydney/