[AusNOG] iiNET Network Engineer

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Wed Sep 2 13:35:41 EST 2015

On 9/2/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> I'm about to board a flight to SFO for the Megaport launch in the U.S! Yay!  But when I land I will post a response that might provide some food for thought in this situation and the real issues around the industry as I see it.

That would be very interesting.
 From a business perspective though growth through acquisition is a
fantastic strategy as you obtain a bunch of clients who are already
using services that you offer.
Or new services that you may not have provided previously.
But the real advantage, is that to gain that same amount of customers,
through marketing as an example might take months or years as people
first need to be searching for the products and services you provide.
Providing the acquisition is a good fit and works for your business it
can accelerate your growth dramatically.
As for a lack of innervation  I don't think their has been much for
years, but we have noticed services begin to get significantly cheaper,
I'm coming at this from a hosting perspective, take Content Delivery
network services as an example, years ago only the huge players could
afford CDN services but now with providers such as CloudFlare its much
more affordable.
Heck even things like dark fiber and bandwidth have come down in price
and become more readily available.

But what I am also noticing is the amount of investment in
infrastructure, companies such as Micron21 and yourselves have expanded
into overseas markets quite a bit recently.
But we have a lot of overseas players entering the Australian market
with their networks as well.
It will be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of years.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager