[AusNOG] DD4BC

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Tue Oct 13 17:48:25 EST 2015

On Tue, 13 Oct 2015, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:

> I haven't heard of DD4BC, wondering if anyone has had any direct
> contact, suffered from an attack.

Amazing timing.

I'm on the phone right now with someone who has just received a demand
from them....

Some selective quotes from the email:

     Please note that it will not be easy to mitigate our attack,
     because our current UDP flood power is 400-500 Gbps.

     We are aware that you probably don?t have 40 BTC at the moment, so
     we are giving you 24 hours to get BTC and pay us.

     If you ignore us, and don't pay within 24 hours, long term attack
     will start, price to stop will go to 100 BTC and will keep increasing
     for every hour of attack.

Etc etc....