[AusNOG] Fw: important

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Oct 2 10:07:05 EST 2015

nearly missed this, found it in Junk because you replied direct, please
reply to list only

On 01/10/2015 17:10, Brad Peczka wrote:
> Google will also show me examples of the aliens that landed at
> Roswell, if I look hard enough. Doesn't mean it's real! :-)

That maybe so, but the nightmares of ironport are well realised by those
with a clue, including those that run networks large enough to make
telstra look like a ma 'n pa part time vISP

> Ironport ESAs are a solid product, as evidenced through their use in
> Australia by iiNet, Micron21, and many others in both the ISP and

and I (and assume others) recall a numnber of problems with mail and
iinet in recent times because of ironport

Like I said YMMV, but most are shying away from these things, well,
those that care do :)