[AusNOG] AUSNOG in the news

Philip Loenneker Philip.Loenneker at tasmanet.com.au
Thu Oct 1 16:59:26 EST 2015

Is the issue that people don’t want their name put in an article with their quote, or they don’t want to be quoted at all? If people just don’t want their name attached to the quote, then can we just anonymise the data? That would remove some validity from a quote (who cares what catlover87 thinks about data retention?) and especially removes business identities.

I know this would change the way people use the list, in particular with private replies to individuals instead of posting to the list, but we all know that security and functionality is a constant compromise.