[AusNOG] MS Azure connectivity

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Tue Nov 17 11:49:25 EST 2015

--- matthanna at adam.com.au wrote:

A colleague of mine is in the midst  of setting up connectivity with
MS Azure. They've requested we use an IPv4 unique global addressable
network range that is not globally routable or reachable from the
general internet. To me this feels wasteful and unrealistic
especially with today's V4 shortages.

I'd like to find out what other people have done on or off list
(off-list preferable). Also, if anyone from Microsoft can reply
off-list and direct that would be great.

I would imagine it's because they're trying to avoid
RFC1918 IP address conflicts.  If the requested range
is small and you have the IP space, charge them for it
and move on.  If it's big, or you don't have the space
to give, pushback financially; charge them BIG for it.

scott