[AusNOG] NBN Rollout Confusion in Glebe NSW CRM:000084250

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Sun Nov 1 00:04:35 EST 2015

Paul is spot on, having done the on-boarding process myself with NBN you have to have your CPE's approved, you basically take all of the ones you want approved with you to the NBN Lab and test configs, as well as your LNS, basically your whole network in a suitcase, then you configure it and they test, and test, and test, then they tell you what to fix and you fix it and they test again until it's all good, then they sign off on it from there, they are actually pretty helpful with the process, strangely enough I think we were the second company to do it after AAPT from memory for FTTN, so it's strange what people have been saying about AAPT not having an option at the moment.

Realistically you can use whatever CPE you want from there as long as it's compatible, but yes, vectoring is critical and must be enabled on the CPE or it won't happen.

Regards
Paul