[AusNOG] no entries found with apnic

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Mon May 18 11:38:30 EST 2015

On Mon, 18 May 2015, Ender wrote:

> Of note, I've been experiencing the same problem with empty whois responses.
>
> ~ whois 1.1.1.0 -h whois.apnic.net
>
> % [whois.apnic.net]
> % Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html
>
> %ERROR:101: no entries found

Is this all the time, or intermittently?
If the former, I wonder if it has something to do with source IPs, or who
you peer with?

I tried it here ten or a dozen times and worked each time.

# whois 1.1.1.0 -h whois.apnic.net

#
# ARIN WHOIS data and services are subject to the Terms of Use
# available at: https://www.arin.net/whois_tou.html
#
# If you see inaccuracies in the results, please report at
# http://www.arin.net/public/whoisinaccuracy/index.xhtml
#

#
# Query terms are ambiguous.  The query is assumed to be:
#     "n 1.1.1.0"
#
# Use "?" to get help.
#

#
# The following results may also be obtained via:
#
http://whois.arin.net/rest/nets;q=1.1.1.0?showDetails=true&showARIN=false&showNonArinTopLevelNet=false&ext=netref2
#

NetRange:       1.0.0.0 - 1.255.255.255