[AusNOG] NetRegistry/TPP & Telstra DNS problem

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu May 14 15:11:35 EST 2015

On 5/14/2015 2:34 PM, Nick Stallman wrote:
> I think it is more a issue on Telstra's end of some kind.
> With so many people reporting similar issues and Telstra being the
> only common denominator.
>
> E.g. when we had this issue we asked our clients which ISP they had
> and every single one was Telstra.
> Every test I could perform on our servers came back fine.

Oh yes I agree its a Telstra issue.
Its a worry that it took so long for the issues to be fixed.

I have a wholesale account with Uber Global who Melbourne IT also now own.
Maybe they need to share knowledge between the brands a bit more to come
up with solutions that work for all of their brands.
Having direct contacts within the organisation helps a lot, thats why I
choose venders carefully as at the end of the day all the clients care
about is that their hosting providers services work and if something
goes wrong they will contact the hosting provider and bitch untill the
issue is resolved.
In the customers eyes it is always the fault of their provider.
Good communication with clients helps to prevent customers getting
annoyed as well.
But you need to have good vender contacts as well.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager