[AusNOG] ISP-SIG and metadata retention implementation

George Fong george at lateralplains.com
Thu May 7 13:44:50 EST 2015

Hi All,

Just a quick heads up for those not involved in the work of the ISP
Special Interest Group. We are continuing to work closely with the Comms
Alliance to develop guidelines, resources and (hopefully) standards in
relation to the implementation of the metadata retention legislation.
And we also have a seat at the table of the Attorney General's Dept's
Expert Working Group.

The discussion, input and feedback is building in the ISP-SIG and I
would encourage anyone on this list who is likely to be subject to the
legislation to come in on those conversations, which have been
comprehensive and in some places, complex.

The list address is here:

Please note that this is not an open group and we are keeping a weather
eye on who is signing up. We have been given significant respect and
trust by both the AGD and Comms Alliance in terms of participation and
collaboration and we regard that as the key to keeping as much influence
on the implementation of the standards and outcomes here as possible.

In terms of timelines, keep in mind that if  you are subject to the data
retention  legislation, then your DR Implementation Plan (DRIP) is due
in by 13th August and the requirement to hold and retain metadata starts
on 13th October unless you have successfully applied for an exemption or
extension of time. Not a lot of time!

Cheers
g.
--

GPG Fingerprint: 8BAF 3175 A1C8 BF5F 3631 BEF4 727C 784A 218B 4CE4
Just remember ...... wherever you go, there you are.