[AusNOG] Facebook on NSW-IX

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue May 5 07:22:07 EST 2015

Hi *,

  Those who use IX.asn.au NSW-IX, I see Facebook are connected up and
doing ~1.5gbit+ data @ peak. I am seeing some routes via the
route-servers, but netflow shows less than 1mbit of traffic from that
peer, which seems low for the size of my network. Does anyone know what
content exactly they serve on the IX? And if they only 'partially'
contribute to the route-servers, but need full peering for more advantage?

  This is a post more out of curiosity than anything - I tried
contacting Facebook NOC & Peering teams to no response at all, so
thought I'd pose it to the list.

Thanks,
Joe