[AusNOG] And it continues - ISP to block sites bill..

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Fri Mar 27 08:58:52 EST 2015

Doesn't that line say two different things?

Generally there aren't any websites that infringe copyright, it is P2P
or usenet.
So are they talking about disconnecting the piraters themselves?
Or just Pirate Bays which would be completely ineffective (and
technically they don't infringe copyright)?

On 27/03/15 08:51, TWIG Solutions wrote:

> Opps..  Sorry non-subscribers..  It doesn't have a banner or watermark
> saying it's subscriber only, so unless you have looked at less than 5
> articles as a guest I thought you should be able to see it..
>
> Basically, Bill No.2 was introduced;
>
> Source: The Australian, March 27 2015.
>
> "International internet pirates who illegally share stolen films and
> music could soon be blocked, after the government introduced a bill to
> shut down access to websites infringing copyright."
>

> On 27/03/2015 8:47 AM, Scott Weeks wrote:
>> ---support at twig.com.au  wrote:
>> From: TWIG Solutions<support at twig.com.au>
>>
>> Bill No2 introduced...
>>
>> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/malcolm-turnbull-targets-net-pirates-in-new-bill/story-fn59niix-1227280265638
>>

>> "You've reached a subscriber-only article."
>>
>> can't read it.
>>

>> "Would you like to become a subscriber for 50% less for the first 12 weeks?"
>>
>> no.  ;-)
>>
>> scott

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!