[AusNOG] Data Retention and CGNAT - educational exercise

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Thu Mar 26 08:51:01 EST 2015

Dual stack is great, dual stack IPV6+IPV4 CGN is the only real practical way
to move forward in  the real word IMHO. But saying don't put any effort into
CGN and smugly saying deploy IPV6 instead helps no one. Especially when the
OP did not ask for advice on IPV6. I would personally love for V6 to be
ubiquitous, but until it is then interim dual stack technologies are needed
and engineers should not need to be subject to smart arse digs when they are
asking perfectly reasonable questions.