[AusNOG] Netflix goes live

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Tue Mar 24 00:41:40 EST 2015

Hi all,

So Netflix has gone live.. yah... we all knew it was coming.

What I am curious about - perhaps a little concerned as someone who
operates ISPs... is that like Stan, they are doing 1 month free.

This means people signing up and slamming the hell out of it over the next
30 days.

While people are just comprending what Stan and Presto are, Netflix most
people know and will be using their common Apple TV's and many other things
to give it a free try.

I am wondering if any bigger ISPs out there might be able to, or willing to
provide some feedback about how much traffic is coming from Netflix and/or
other SVOD providers.

Also in the news... Telstra is giving free Presto to all T-Box users for 6
months.  This is unlikely to affect non-Telstra parts of the Internet, but
it will increase awareness of SVOD options out there.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Twitter: @TheISPGuy