[AusNOG] CA Data Retention costs letter to Ministers

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Mon Mar 16 10:47:26 EST 2015

Colleagues all - Comms Alliance is preparing a letter to be sent to George Brandis and
Malcolm Turnbull, seeking certainty on the arrangements and amount the Government will
contribute to the communications industry to implement the new data retention
requirements - to be jointly signed by CEOs of carriers and carriage service providers.
So far the CEOs of most of the largest service providers have  agreed to sign.

I asked John - and he agreed  - to open this up to ISPs that are not members of Comms
Alliance.

If you are the CEO of an ISP/carrier/CSP please email me and I will send you the draft
letter and list of CEOs currently agreed to sign, and you can then decide if you are
happy with the wording and would like to add your name to the list - or not, no
obligation. (I'd post it, but there are a lot of non-ISP people on the list, and while
the letter is draft it should be kept within the industry until its finalised).

If your CEO is not on this list, please ask them to email me or call me on 0414 366 605.

They'd like to finalise it by this afternoon, so please respond to me quickly so I can
get you the draft.

cheers,
    Paul..