[AusNOG] TPG acquires iiNet

Andrew Cox andrew.cox at bigair.net.au
Fri Mar 13 10:36:14 EST 2015

Where are you reading that from? There's option for them to do so but I
don't see it happening.

Also, the SMH article has been updated:

*The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has already flagged a
public review of the takeover once both parties submit their proposals.*

*"We will call for submissions at that time and details will be posted on
our public register," the ACCC said in a statement. "The ACCC reviews
mergers and acquisitions which have the potential to raise concerns under
the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.*

*"The CCA prohibits acquisitions that would have the effect, or be likely
to have the effect, of substantially lessening competition in a market."*

- Andrew