[AusNOG] TPG acquires iiNet

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Fri Mar 13 09:20:27 EST 2015

When does the ACCC step in and consider TPG amassing a monopoly? Are we
far off?

Also - for a lot of providers this 'could' be good news. TPG are quickly
having the reputation of diminishing the brands they purchase through
cost cutting measures. ISP's like iiNet were prided on local support
etc, this could see a mass of users soon looking for a new ISP with
local support, if TPG follow their trends.