[AusNOG] AAPT congestion for ACT Access Tails

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Fri Mar 6 11:04:51 EST 2015

> Happy Friday :) Wondering if anyone on list has AAPT tails based in the
> ACT and could confirm if they are seeing any packet loss to end
> broadband access tails.
>
> We have had multiple customers report packet loss which we can replicate
> but it would be extremely helpful if we could go to AAPT with the
> backing of some other customers.

For about 9 weeks, I've been trying to get an AAPT adsl service fixed,
aapt have (until yesterday) constantly denied there was any issue.
0% packet loss for small packets (~50 bytes payload)
40-60% loss for packets of about 500 bytes payload
100% loss for packets of 1K or above.

Mine was in Qld though, not ACT... they were (supposed) to be working on
it this morning, perhaps they've fixed mine and moved it to ACT? :)