[AusNOG] Final results from Draft Copyright Notice Scheme survey

Paul Julian paul at oxygennetworks.com.au
Thu Mar 5 10:57:56 EST 2015

Hi all, just thought I would post the results from that basic survey I put up about the copyright notice scheme draft  from Commcom, there were 72 responses so thanks to all who responded, the figures really didn't change much from the last post and all of the responses were still consistent with that one, there were just more of them.

The main things that stand out for me based on this small cross-section of responses from all different people is that those respondents didn't feel that this draft code would make any difference to copyright infringement, didn't feel that an ISP should be responsible for their users content usage and that they shouldn't have to bear the cost of implementing such a scheme.

 Yes
 No
 Don't Know
 Have you read the draft code ?
 81.69%
 18.31%
 0.00%
 Do you agree with its recommendations ?
 2.78%
 91.67%
 5.56%
 Do you feel that this represents your thoughts ?
 2.78%
 91.67%
 5.56%
 Do you feel that it addresses the issue and provides a workable solution ?
 4.17%
 87.50%
 8.33%
 Do you agree that an ISP should be responsible for the content that it's users access ?
 0.00%
 98.61%
 1.39%
 Do you think that implementing such a notice scheme will cost your business money ?
 93.06%
 5.66%
 1.39%
 Will you be considering what options you have to circumvent the code if such a scheme is implemented ?
 79.17%
 9.72%
 11.11%

Food for thought anyway.