[AusNOG] Zettagrid Sydney Offline

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Jun 24 16:01:16 EST 2015

On 24/06/2015 3:31 PM, Nick Gale wrote:
> I would have thought Andromeda would be better. Separate galaxy and all that.

Speed of light restrictions makes the fail-over time somewhat of a problem. And the
IPN stuff I'm working with is only interplanetary distances, not intergalactic - will
handle round-trip-times to Mars and the outer planets, but different solar systems is
a stretch.

There's no point in looking for separation much wider than "if both these things are
toast, I have bigger things to worry about than keeping my IT running" anyway.