[AusNOG] From the AGD - Data Retention - Starts October 15 2015

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 15:20:06 EST 2015

Per my understanding (having read the relevant sections of the Retention
Act and the Telecommunications Act (the definitions are somewhat recursive,
but it eventually comes down to whether you provide a service for carrying
communications via electromagnetic waves - whether or not you have a
carrier license). If a customer is paying you for an IP, you are required,
per my reading of the legislation, to have an approved data retention plan.

(I'm not a lawyer, this is not expert opinion)

Paul Wilkins