[AusNOG] vyatta netflow and AS export

Ivan Jukic ijukic13 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 12:07:42 EST 2015

Netflow or the currant "standard" is now called IPFIX. This is certainly
support by Cisco as well as many other vendor.

In relation to sflow not being a useful technology. I disagree. They
essential both do the same, analyse traffic flows. However, sflow does so
by packet sampling, 1 packet out of X sent to the collector. Where as
IPFIX/Netflow send every packet to the collector. They both very useful,
however there is a lot of design considering when rolling them out.

Cheers,
Ivan