[AusNOG] DRIP submission deadline extension request

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Jul 30 13:27:54 EST 2015

On 7/30/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> ohn Stanton from Comms Alliance is planning to submit a formal request to
> >the responsible departments/ministers/shadow ministers requesting a formal
> >acknowledgement of regulatory forebearance for providers seeking to submit
> >their DRIPs by 6 months. This is also important for providers who are
> >submitting DRIPs who may require subsequent changes following a response
> >from the CAC. Currently a provider submitting now that was "knocked back"
> >for some or all of their DRIP would be technically in breach of their
> >requirements come October 13th, even having completed a DRIP
That does not quite sound correct, as the CAC will give you a further 18
months to comply with your obligations past the October 13th deadline.
Unless I am missing something.

Did everyone else get the new July industry FAQ?
I don't see any reason why anyone would be disapproved, providing you
give the government enough technical information so it looks like you
know what your talking about.
Most of us are using Datacentres that already have decent security and
measures in place, to prevent fires, etc, or at least as much as
technicly is possable, its like all the security questions on the form,
you can only protect data up to a particular point, but email just by
the way its designed is not always secure.
The new FAQ tries to clear a lot of stuff up.
But the case studies don't mention web hosting providers that also offer
email, which is annoying, I guess I will just need to wait it out and
see what the department says.
They do mention over the top OTT services though which is where a lot of
smaller providers will need to provide info.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager