[AusNOG] Data Retention Workshop - Tuesday 28th July

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Wed Jul 22 13:38:56 EST 2015

> What we do here will to be a point be governed by replicability, relevance
> to those that are there and time constraints (you can only do so much in
> 2.5 hours!).

Granted, but anything PRACTICAL AND USEFUL will be a bonus.
So far, almost nothing from agd has been.
So far, almost nothing from CA/SPAG has been.
We're at the 11th hour, and honestly, there's still SO MUCH doubt and
uncertainty, I don't think there's a chance in hell any non-trivial number
of eligible providers will be fully compliant.

Even today, I had a phone call from someone who operates a non-commercial
webmail box who thinks they are captured under the new DR laws, and
despite not being a carrier, ISP or CSP, feels the need to contact the agd
to clarify the position!