[AusNOG] Data Retention Guidelines, and an explanation around DNS

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 16:00:21 EST 2015

I would regard this as AGs best ambit claim. There's nothing in the bill to
indicate the exemptions of 187A4 are to be given effect piecemeal. The bill
is what it is, and obviously it behooves the AG to judge their powers in
their own best interests. We're very fortunate they didn't end up with the
power to define the metadata.

(I'm not a lawyer. This is not expert opinion)

Paul Wilkins