[AusNOG] Best practice BGP and wan links

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Sun Jul 12 20:29:07 EST 2015

I would be staying with the virtual machines instead of going to the CCR's, I've had 3 die in the last 6 months :( All between 12-16 months old.

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au

On 12 Jul 2015, at 19:10, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com> wrote:

Hi

Yes more info.  Multiple connections to multiple ISP's.  Currently they are terminated into switches and then L3 terminated into RouterOS VM's.  I am planning on replacing the VM's with  some MT CCR's. My thought had been to leave the termination into the switches and then  L3 terminate onto the phy MT boxes.  As I can't HSRP / stack the routers my only option was VRRP. But BGP VRRP didn't seem like a good thing, better to get the extra IP and have  2 links.

Interestingly I have BFD running on some of those links and reduced timers on the BGP session for the other links as some ISP didn't/wouldn't run BFD..

Thanks
Alex