[AusNOG] Australian-designed OpenFlow switch hits Kickstarter

Jamie Baddeley jamie.baddeley at vpc.co.nz
Thu Jul 2 19:58:53 EST 2015

I think what this device is missing is a wifi port.

SDN and devices of this scale lend itself well to a centrally managed
'secure' home CPE system. Add thousands of these devices to a central flow
controller and a decent northbound interface from the OFC to a web based
management system pointed back to the home user and things start to look
relatively interesting. How interesting is somewhat limited by the flow
table size but as you say Skeeve, it's a start. An alternative application
I suppose is a gateway device for IP based eftpos terminals.

great to see some hardware based innovation on SDN in our part of the world.

jamie