[AusNOG] BGP hold timer values

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Wed Jan 28 18:28:51 EST 2015

Yeah, but only to a lower limit that the platform thinks is sane.  My memory tells me that a few years back, trying to run 5/15 upstream only worked on some of our peers as Upstream X used Cisco and Upstream Y used Juniper.   One of them failed to negotiate with timers that aggressive and only worked if we requested 10/30.

Thanks

David