[AusNOG] Favourite Cisco IOS for LNS [7300]

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Jan 27 22:21:09 EST 2015

Hi *,

  Setting up 7300's for LNS work, standard L2TP hand-off, wanting to
dual stack IPv4 and IPv6 to clients... would like opinions on what you
find the best / most stable version of IOS for this function?

  We tend to only upgrade router software if absolutely necessary, so I
was hoping to deploy something from day 1 that we potentially don't have
to touch. I know the platform has been used for this purpose for a while
now so I'm hoping there's enough experience out there to make a solid
recommendation.

Thanks,
Joe