[AusNOG] Sensitive Freight Shipping

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Jan 15 11:41:20 EST 2015

On Jan 14, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Damian Guppy <the.damo at gmail.com> wrote:

> FedEx like to promote how they have a 'sensitive freight' division and cite them sending a whale or something internationally to prove their credentials.

Fedex is too expensive. I used them to send an ASR1006 to Japan years ago; The Fedex price was more expensive than a return airfare with the ASR in checked baggage.

If you’re a freight company billing so expensively that it’s cheaper to hire a uni student for a few days to courier your equipment, you’re doing it wrong.

  -  mark