[AusNOG] Favourite USB to serial adapter cable

Russell Brenner rbrenner at Brocade.com
Sun Jan 4 16:10:51 EST 2015

I had issues on my Mac too, but there’s a chipset that’s well supported called the UC232A. ATEN (not be confused with A10, which I was doing for a while) is the one to get.

http://www.aten.com/products/productItem.php?model_no=UC232A

There’s also a fancy 4 port hub version I just found: http://www.aten.com/products/Mobility-&-USB/USB-Converters/4-Port-USB-to-Serial-RS-232-Hub~UC2324.html

GetConsole would be sweet though, depends on price point I guess.

The GetConsole Airconsole looks freaking sweet though, supports Bluetooth LE and WiFi.

Is it just me, or do network engineers appear to have a bias toward OS X? (I know I do :)).