[AusNOG] PJCIS report on data retention bill has been posted

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 17:20:32 EST 2015

This is a huge concession, and one I think most of us will be glad to see:

Recommendation 23

The Committee recommends that the Telecommunications (Interception and
Access) Amendment (Data Retention) Bill 2014 be amended to prohibit civil
litigants from being able to access telecommunications data that is held by
a service provider solely for the purpose of complying with the mandatory
data retention regime.

Paul Wilkins