[AusNOG] Job: Head of Network Operations - NEXTDC - SydneyC

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Wed Feb 25 10:17:14 EST 2015

Scott,

We do... I have over a dozen Cisco/Juniper/etc engineers in Asia, and
hiring more in India region soon, and will have on-locations engineers in
15 odd countries by the end of this year.

But, there are still many things that need to be done locally, with people
going to DC's locally, installing kit, etc.  One of my main purposes for
overseas staff is actually for their local presence - which is why I am
scattering them across the region.  But as a team they act as Cloud
Engineers, sharing functions and workload across timezones often in
economies that are much cheaper to hire than in than Australia.

But, building networks often requires liaising with local hardware vendors,
customers, carriers, and often it is easier to have people you can touch -
but not always.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy