[AusNOG] "Business grade" ADSL bare-modem or media converter.

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Thu Feb 26 12:50:44 EST 2015

> Looking for a semi-decent, bare-bones, ADSL (ideally capable of SHDSL or BDSL
> etc if the provider can do it) modem.

Thank you all for the many useful and detailed responses.
It looks like the TPLink 8816/8817 ticks most peoples boxes.
It's a little on the "home user" side of the market, however seems an
aweful lot of you are using them with (very) few failures. They're cheap
enough to keep a second unit at each site as a spare!

While some of the other suggestions are far nicer hardware, the prices put
them well down on the selection list.

Should any of these sites end up with services via VDSL/VDSL2/SHDSL that
do NOT include vendor-supplied CPE, we'll have to address those on an
as-it-happens basis.

Thanks again for the considered and informed replies!
R.