[AusNOG] SPAM-LOW: Re: SPAM-MED: Re: Firewall

Kristoffer Sheather @ CloudCentral kristoffer.sheather at cloudcentral.com.au
Wed Feb 25 15:59:32 EST 2015

No one said it was a 'unique characteristic'.  What SDN / NFV provides are
options that you wouldn't necessarily have with a hardware device.  SDN /
NFV solutions will mature rapidly as the market demands and there is no
reason they wouldn't have the same reliability as hardware devices.

 Ultimately SDN / NFV has the potential to be *more* reliable provided that
its based on open sourced code bases that aren't controlled by single
vendors who may or may not employ solid software development processes.
Due to the lack of transparency you can never be sure.

 Of course many people don't/won't agree with me and completely fine, I may
even not agree with my current viewpoint at some future point in history
based on experiences from now until then ;)

  Regards,

Kristoffer Sheather
CloudCentral

 Mobile: +61 475 048 864 | Switch: +61 2 6160 7624 | Email:
kris at cloudcentral.com.au
LinkedIn:   | Skype: kristoffer.sheather | Twitter:
http://twitter.com/kristofferjon