[AusNOG] Job: Head of Network Operations - NEXTDC - SydneyC

Matt Palmer mpalmer at hezmatt.org
Sun Feb 22 17:40:25 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 02:25:48PM +1100, Cameron Ferdinands wrote:
> > Apply for positions at your dream company, even if you think you might
> > not cut it.  Many/most of my colleagues never thought they'd get the
> > job, but did.
>
> Absolutely, what do you have to lose? Worst case you get a job offer
> to present to your boss for that raise.

Please don't do that.  There's a chance your boss might say, "wow, that
sounds like a good opportunity.  You should take it."  Or, worse, blows
smoke up your arse to keep you, and puts you on the "disloyal minion" list,
meaning you're first on the list for all the shit jobs, and the next layoff.

- Matt

--
When all you have is a nailgun, every problem looks like a messiah.
		-- Iain Chalmers, ASR