[AusNOG] Cisco GBIC - Mikrotik SFP Fibre Cable Information

Martin Visser martinvisser99 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:49:50 EST 2015

If you use LX with multimode at long distances you generally need a
mode-conditioning cable (which is basically a short length of single mode
fusion spliced with some multimode). Using LX transceivers over short runs
(between racks for example) when you have cable better than OM3 is mainly
to preserve homogeneity of media types and is obviously more expensive than
SX.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 at gmail.com