[AusNOG] Cisco GBIC - Mikrotik SFP Fibre Cable Information

Thomas Jackson thomas at thomax.com.au
Wed Feb 18 15:21:07 EST 2015

You'll need to speak to your provider to find out what wavelength they are
expecting and then find an appropriate SFP for the Mikrotik to match. Duxtel
have a few Mikrotik branded options that are cheap and do the job for more
common installations - 850nm (multimode) and 1310nm (singlemode) - plenty of
places around to get more exotic ones if needed too.

The GBICs use dual SC connectors and your SFP should be dual LC, so you'll
need an appropriate cable for that too. Something like [0] from 4Cabling for
example is likely to do the job (singlemode), they've got multimode cables
too - which type of cable you need depends on which type of SFP/GBIC you are
using.

[0]
<http://www.4cabling.com.au/lc-sc-os1-singlemode-fibre-optic-patch-lead.html

http://www.4cabling.com.au/lc-sc-os1-singlemode-fibre-optic-patch-lead.html