[AusNOG] FetchTV + Netflix

Lincoln Dale ltd at arista.com
Mon Feb 16 14:06:19 EST 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM, Skeeve Stevens <skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
> wrote:

> I also think it will change the SVOD network metrics for FetchTV in a
> rather large way with a crapload more Unicast traffic.

no, not in any way. its simply the netflix 'app' running on the FetchTV2
STB. Just as Netflix today works on any-device-you-want, they've just added
yet-another-way of doing it.  Smart to FetchTV to try to keep themselves
relevant (presumably you only 'keep the box' with a subscription to them)
but i really really really doubt Netflix would change the way they do their
CDN model just for the back waters of Australia.

Lincoln Dale | ltd at arista.com | +1 408 547 5782