[AusNOG] Logging & Notifications

Tim Raphael raphael.timothy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 21:25:04 EST 2015

The only thing that contradicts Splunk is the general recommendation to log whatever is possible without impacting performance. Splunk pricing increases with volume and yes, it is rather shocking. So if you're starting to think "what can I stop logging to save cost", you'll end up trying to debug issues with arms tied behind your back - much better having the information at hand.

Regards,

- Tim