[AusNOG] Juniper ScreenOS backdoor

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Dec 25 23:02:20 EST 2015

On Wed, 23 Dec 2015, Jonathan Thorpe wrote:

> Some interesting analysis for anyone who has been following this:
> https://community.rapid7.com/community/infosec/blog/2015/12/20/cve-2015-7755-juniper-screenos-authentication-backdoor
>
> Apparently Cisco is now reviewing their own code as a result:
> http://blogs.cisco.com/security/update-for-customers
>
> Which begs the question… shouldn’t this be happening already, especially for network equipment – let alone security appliances?

Well, Cisco already did inspect the ASA platform two years ago for
tampering in the BIOS, OS and applications but came up empty.
http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityResponse/cisco-sr-20131229-der-spiegel

# UCC Wheel Member     http://trs80.ucc.asn.au/ #|  what squirrels do best     |