[AusNOG] Carrier access to public infrastructure

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Wed Dec 9 13:06:58 EST 2015

Hi all, I was wondering if anybody had any experience in using public infrastructure such as power poles to run cables in residential areas and what type of access you would seek and who you would talk to.

We are currently looking at a small project where we need to get comms around a residential area and everything is on power poles, we are a licensed carrier so should be able to do something I suppose but I'm just not sure where to start or what rights we would have and what costs might be involved besides our obvious build costs.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul