[AusNOG] arista switches

Kieran Murphy daffy at daffy.za.net
Thu Dec 3 14:20:36 EST 2015

Hi,

Depends on what you want to do with them really.
I've used them in the WAN and in the DC.

They're fast, incredibly flexible and their support is great.
Your DevOps guys will love them due to their open interfaces and APIs.
(Full access to Linux on the host. Everything is Python)

Depending on the hardware platform, their capabilities vary. It's a matter
of selecting the right tool for the job.
If you want raw speed and super low latency, the 7150's are incredible.
If you want huge buffers and scalability, the 7500E's will do nicely.

It's worth keeping in mind though that they are Switches with routing
capabilities, so don't expect to be able to throw a full table on one.

Regards,
Kieran.