[AusNOG] What Caching DNS Resolver Are You (ISPs) Using?

James Mcintosh james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com
Mon Aug 31 11:05:19 EST 2015

Hi Noggers,
I'm needing some advice for a fast, secure DNS caching resolver for our ISP customers. We're currently using BIND but given I need such a limited subset of features I'd like to do away with the legacy and baggage of BIND in favour of something simple, fast a secure.
I've looked at djbdns in the (distant) past but from memory it could only be configured ad a forwarder which is not what I want.
Happy to look at commercial solutions also.
Thanks