[AusNOG] AUSNOG Conference - Data Retention Presentation

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Wed Aug 26 19:18:41 EST 2015

C'mon, let's be real here.

The value of AUSNOG is minimal in the technical information that is
provided.  Anyone can get most of the information elsewhere, especially
from other events who put the information/presentations/videos/etc online
after the event.

Bit... AUSNOG has a massive value in the people who are delivering it,
hearing them first hand, talking to them afterward.... and then the
networking with all the people that attend.

"I" think it would be much smarter to provide a remote registration for
minimal price which allowed people to watch streams, even if it was after
the event, but live would be nice... but I think they would see there being
a risk of no one turning up... but given AUSNOG is a sellout each year, I
doubt it.  You would also get hundreds more who I am sure would love to
come, but can't afford it or are too time poor (like me) to make the trip.

APNIC conferences are awesome with their remote participation, full
streaming and watching it later.

After all that... AUSNOG is a community... and the Data Retention affects
everyone and should not be just for those who can afford (money or time) to
be there.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy - Internet Provider SME

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Cell: +61(0)414 753 383
Skype: skeeve; Blog: TheISPGuy.com <http://theispguy.com/> ; Facebook:
TheISPGuy <https://www.facebook.com/theispguy>

Linkedin: /in/skeeve <http://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: