[AusNOG] Looks like a total beast but would you dare run your core network on it?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Mon Aug 24 14:53:40 EST 2015

Until RouterOS 7 comes out (assuming it DOES finally multi-thread the
routing management), those 72 cores aren't much use unless your core uses
static routing, as all your route updates are pinned to one CPU.   It'd
certainly handle some serious bandwidth though! :)

On 24 August 2015 at 14:48, James Mcintosh <james.mcintosh at rocketmail.com>
wrote:

> http://routerboard.com/CCR1072-1G-8Splus
>
> With equivalent gear from Cisco costing 10x or more might it be worth
> taking a chance?
>
> If not what else similar is this alternative. I don't mind paying a
> premium for quality but 10x is a bit ridiculous...

Damien Gardner Jnr
VK2TDG. Dip EE. GradIEAust
rendrag at rendrag.net -  http://www.rendrag.net/
 We ran to the sounds of thunder.