[AusNOG] Interstate Networking

Andrew Hawken ahawken at roycesoftware.com
Fri Aug 21 14:41:25 EST 2015

Hi All,
Looking for some recommendations / discussion (not potential candidate providers just yet) with regards to interstate networking.
My employer currently has an office in every state of Australia. Each office currently has an ADSL or EFM service (don't worry about why ADSL or EFM). The router at each location is connected back to HQ in Melbourne via a VPN tunnel. Each office is using the same ISP, however, we'd prefer something much more direct between each state office and HQ. Think 'hub and spoke'.
Each office is pretty much in the middle of the CBD of each capital city.
Not really concerned about costs or technology (they'll play a factor later) at this stage. I'm more concerned about discovering a good way (or the best way) to link all our offices together. Reliability must be key. Secondarily, an allowance for generous data and high speed bandwidth should be considered.
Looking forward to the discussion :-)
Regards,
Andrew
--Andrew Hawkenlinkedin.com/in/AndrewHawken