[AusNOG] Carrier aggregation port redundancy

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Tue Aug 18 00:24:50 EST 2015

Hi,

I think within the same DC is fine if you insist on:

- separate cable paths
- seperate PE/terminating device
- connect to a different rack or area (e.g. different suite with different
power)

Most providers that are capable of offering redundant handoff ports can
meet these requirements, and then you can haul it wherever you want
(different DC etc). Admittedly, you aren't ensuring against a whole DC
failure - but the risk of that vs the risk of the provider failing is quite
low IMHO.

Andrew